PACIFIC BIODIESEL CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Pacific Biodiesel Technologies and Pacific Biodiesel Logistics can make a positive impact on the environment and your community. We’re always interested in meeting talented people who not only want to improve quality of life for themselves, but for others.
1) PLANT OPERATIONS ASSISTANT
Position Overview: Assist the Plant Operations Manager with special projects and day-to-day logistical and operations duties.
• Assist with unloading incoming product and prepare corresponding receiving ticket.
• Assist with load outs of outgoing product and prepare corresponding load out ticket.
• Coordinate with the Plant Operation Manager to identify and address potential issues that may affect production.
• Operate plant transfer pumps, valves and connecting hoses to the vacuum trucks, and forklift trucks loading and unloading various materials used at the plant.
• Perform general labor duties as well as maintenance and/or general housekeeping of work area and the equipment.
• Perform plumbing, electrical, welding, or miscellaneous modifications and/or repairs.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned, including driving a vacuum truck
• Plan, prioritize and communicate daily/weekly activities.
• Work with all members of the Pacific Biodiesel team in a cooperative manner.
Must have general understanding of processing equipment (valves, piping, pumps, boiler, etc.), as well as the mechanical ability to repair and maintain and/or rebuild equipment. Candidate should be able to operate a forklift. Experience with Production QA/QC. Electrical and plumbing skills preferred. Candidate must be a motivated self-starter and possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Candidate should also have good time management and organizational skills.
Contact Information: To apply, please e-mail your resume and cover letter email@example.com with Operations Assistant in the subject line.
2) PROCESS ENGINEER
Location: Keaau, Hawaii
Position Overview: Handles process engineering/process chemistry duties in a state-of-the-art biodiesel plant. Helps to ensure that maximum production capacity and fuel quality standards are realized.
• Provide day-to-day process chemistry, equipment and control system troubleshooting for plant operations team.
• Document, prioritize and resolve process and equipment irregularities which contribute to plant inefficiencies or downtime.
• Develop and analyze trends and metrics for feedstock quality and processing efficiency.
• Responsible for maintaining plant-wide process safety management program.
• Work with plant managers to maintain environmental compliance.
• Collaborate with supply chain and plant management team to evaluate feedstock acquisition and production schedules and targets.
• Recruit and help manage key external engineering and process troubleshooting resources.
• Work with plant engineer and operations team to design permanent equipment modifications or major repairs.
• Develop engineering-related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safety documents for plant.
• Generate reports on production metrics to support Management decision-making.
• Other duties and special project as assigned.
Education: BS in Chemical Engineering or equivalent Engineering degree.
Experience and Competencies:
• 3+ years in chemical plant environment; experience with waste feedstock and biodiesel production preferred.
• Knowledge of multi-feedstock biodiesel process chemistry (esterification, transesterification, evaporation, distillation, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience with plant floor operations.
• Experience in and/or knowledge of rendering plant operations.
• Knowledge of plant process and equipment design and troubleshooting,
• Experience handling and processing waste feedstock and knowledge of grease collection/recovery activities.
• Experience with biodiesel QA equipment (GC, Karl Fischer, Flash Point, Sulfur, etc.).
• Familiarity with PSM and CMMS programs.
• Experience setting up and troubleshooting PLC systems.
• Project Management experience.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work under pressure in a cross-functional environment.
• Independent, self-starting, accountable professional with a demonstrated sense of urgency, integrity and adaptability.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Exceptional time management skills and ability to multi-task.
• Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
License and Certifications:
• Valid driver’s license.
• OSHA, HazMat certifications preferred.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to talk and hear frequently as job involves daily oral communication.
• Ability to sit, stand, twist, reach, walk, and climb stairs.
• Ability to wear protective equipment on the head, face, hands, and feet in accordance with safety requirements.
• Ability to travel by personal vehicle, perform periodic errands, and travel by airplane to off-site interisland and mainland U.S. locations.
• May be required to do some lifting.
This describes the general nature and level of work performed by personnel assigned to this job classification. This is not, however, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so assigned. The Company has the right to add, revise, or delete job duties at any time.
Big Island Biodiesel is both an Equal Opportunity and At Will employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, religion, marital status, or sexual orientation. While it is hoped that the company employment relationships with our employees will be long-term, either the employee or the company may terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause or notice. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified candidates/employees with disabilities.
To apply, please contact Pacific Biodiesel CEO Sam Millington at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 808-446-4690.
3) DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
Location: Hawaii Island
Position Overview: Oversees Process Technology, Mechanical Engineering, and Research and Development operations for Pacific Biodiesel Technologies (PBT) and Big Island Biodiesel (BIB). Helps ensure maximum production capacity and fuel quality standards are realized. Serves as key member of collaborative Senior Management team that drives company decision-making process.
· Oversees the day-to-day quality control, quality management, process design, process chemistry, and mechanical engineering operations at BIB.
· Oversees research and development activities for PBT and writes engineering briefs and proposals.
· Develops engineering-related Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and safety documents for plant.
· Recruits and manages key external engineering and process troubleshooting resources.
· Collaborates with BIB Plant Manager and PBT Senior Management in development of budget, cost models, and the tracking of key financial data.
· Collaborates with Supply Chain Management team to evaluate decisions on feedstock acquisition.
· Participates in the PBT/BIB strategic planning process and develops clear and measurable goals and objectives which support PBT and BIB’s direction forward.
· Participates in designated PBT Senior Management activities.
· Drafts monthly progress reports for CEO.
· Conducts performance reviews of staff in timely fashion.
· Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education: BS in Chemical Engineering or equivalent Engineering degree. Masters preferred.
Experience and Competencies:
· 3+ years in biodiesel plant environment operating on waste feedstock.
· Knowledge of multi-feedstock biodiesel process chemistry (esterification, transesterification, evaporation, distillation, etc.).
· Experience in plant management.
· Experience as a plant operator.
· Experience in and/or knowledge of rendering plant operations.
· Knowledge of plant process design, troubleshooting, and equipment redesigns.
· Experience handling and processing waste feedstock and knowledge of grease collection/recovery activities.
· Experience with biodiesel QA equipment (GC, Karl Fischer, Flash Point, Sulfur, etc.).
· Familiarity with PSM and CMMS programs as well as
· Experience setting up and troubleshooting PLC systems.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to work under pressure as a team leader in a cross-functional environment.
Contact Information: To apply, please contact Pacific Biodiesel CEO Sam Millington at email@example.com or call 808-446-4690.
NOTE: Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the job title of the position you are seeking in the subject line of your correspondence or it will not be considered. No phone calls please. If your qualifications meet our current needs, we will contact you.
Pacific BiodieselTechnologies, Big Island Biodiesel and Pacific Biodiesel Logistics are affirmative action, equal employment opportunity, Drug-Free workplaces. To learn more about Pacific Biodiesel and affiliated companies, please visit our website at www.biodiesel.com.